Depression, Anxiety, stress management, Autism, ADD/ADHD, Parenting, Relationship issues, Family conflict, Substance abuse, Grief, Pregnancy/postpartum, School-related issues/bullying, Self-esteem, Bipolar disorder, Coping skills, Crisis intervention, Behavior modification , Couples counseling, Dual diagnosis, Women's issues, Suicidal ideation, Divorce/blended families/co-parenting, Spirituality, Conflict resolution, Work-related issues, College-related issues, and Behavioral issue, Chronic illness/care giving. Top
Groups are geared towards interaction between individuals. Our goal is to provide the group with natural peer interaction. Placement is based upon initial evaluation and group availability.
Skills targeted in Positively Social groups include: peer-interaction, awareness of surrounding, self-regulation, turn taking, appropriate social behavior, expressing emotions, asking for assistance and personal space to mention a few. Positively Social is appropriate for children and adolescents without a formal diagnosis and the following:
|Autism||Asperger's Syndrome||Down Syndrome||ADHD|
|Pervasive Developmental Disorder-PDD||Depression||Anxiety and stress related disorders||Sensory processing disorders|
Groups now running for children and adolescents:
- Kids Club- Kids club is a group for children ages 6 to 16. This group is designed to help kids work on social skills which include making friends, taking turns, being aware of social cues, learning emotion regulation, following directions, sharing, and much more.
- Yoga and Wellness for Children with Special Needs - children and teens will learn basic yoga techniques geared towards stress reduction, increased body awareness and emotional awareness, and self-regulation skills.
- Postpartum health - this group is for mothers struggling with postpartum issues. Focus is on providing tools and support to help mothers feel more confident as they navigate this transition.
- Healthy Parenting- topics include caring for the caregiver, coping with divorce, and healthy family relationships. Top
Training focuses on the following: Social engagement * communication * appropriate play * stress reduction* toilet training* self-care * behavior management* creating a peaceful home environment* adjusting to a new diagnosis. Top
- Bully-Free-Zone is a bully prevention workshop aimed to support schools, teachers and students. Please contact us for details.
- Detecting Child Abuse (for professionals): This training is provided to daycares, schools and early learning centers. The target population includes, teachers, daycare providers, staff and administration. Training is intended to assist professionals in identifying child abuse and neglect.
We provide support/counseling for:
|Domestic violence/abuse issues||Empowerment||Cultural assimilation issues||Language barrier|
|Depression/anxiety||Raising children in a diverse community||Mental health education|
Our sitters are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for individuals with special needs and their family. Finding a trusting and caring individual to care for our loved ones is a difficult task. Contact us today to find the help you deserve.
Following are interventions we offer in school-based environments. These services are provided for preschools through 12th grade:
- Assistance with IEP development and support
- Individual/group psychotherapy
- Behavior modification plans through observation and assessment of behavior issues
- Implementation of strategies for increased social skills
- Assisting educators in developing a calm and collaborative classroom
- Workshops for educators and parents on self-care